Thursday, October 1, 2009

Junior Year

Crazy to think that I am over half way done with college. So crazy. Well anyway, my post is more about this year so far than about the unknown future.

I'm an RA! Im surprised that I am, but also not surprised at all. I've always wanted to be in this spot and over the last year, I realized that it was a strong possibility. Its still just really weird that it became a reality. Its definitely funny to be on this side of residence life. The guys on my floor look at me so differently than they would if it was just me. Thats a good and bad thing. Good because it allows me to connect with them quicker than if I were just another guy on the floor. Bad because I am not fully treated as one of them, and I'm sure, not trusted quite as much as I normally would be. I expected these things though. Its such a unique experience to be where I am now. I don't want to have any regrets. I want to make the most of it.

Fortunately, not much has changed with my friendships that were already established. With some of them, nothing has changed. With some others, the only thing that has changed is I am not told everything that I would normally be told. They, and I, knew it would be like this. I don't disagree with what they do, I just can't know because of my position as an RA. I will get to hear all about it next year. I'm so glad though that that is the only thing that is different. I'm not treated differently which is great. Seems like RAs in the past end up having at least some problems with their friendships. That has not been the case with me. I just need to make sure I balance my time well and don't disappear from any particular friend group. I like to exist.

So point is, I'm really enjoying this year. I love getting to know the guys on my floor. I love hanging out with my friends. I love God. And, believe it or not, I am liking (maybe loving) my classes. Oh man. I feel like I should say something profound, but nothing is coming to mind. There's a little look for you about how I'm feeling so far this year. I will try to update this a little more often by the way, but no guarantees. Oh, summer was awesome. So amazing. Maybe I'll post something about it some time later. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment